gitters

I've been having first-post-cold-feet (supposedly a real life ailment), and as it were, have been postponing the "unveiling" (yes- the air quotes are intentional) of this project because I really didn't think I had much worthwhile to whet your palettes with.
Then I realized it doesn't really matter what you necessarily think... After all, you'd just a quickly navigate your browser away from my ramblings, as you would give a thumbs down to a poorly chosen track on Pandora.



Alas, I still have nothing, but I figure getting through the first post is half the (uphill) battle. Now, I present you with a couple of pseudo-poetic catchings of my stream of consciousness (that have been semi- invoked by occurrences from the last 72 hours-72 days).

It's almost easy to forget I'm down south, but somehow I was startled back into reality yesterday when I was walking down a nondescript road on my way to a whole in the wall coffee shop. A gleam in the road caught my eye. I glanced, only to find...Oysters. Or rather their shells, filling a pot hole in the road. I marveled at their iridescence despite their unfortunate circumstance, and then looked both ways before I crossed the street with a smile.

So today, I was en route to the infamous Naw'Leans. The commute was a bit over an hour, but along the whole way I couldn't help but notice the petting-zoo-like foliage, just aching to break free of their tight (forest) formation onto the interstate to scoop food from one's pro-offered palm. Monkeys, giraffes, even elephants stuck out their limbs to lazily sprinkle my drive with funny animalian contortions, personifying (is there an animal version of this?) the leaves and branches in ways that only the Bayou could. At the very least, it certainly kept me awake when my blasted allergy medicine nearly put me to sleep.

And, another I dreamt up and modified:

fools speak of generally this or
essentially that,
for its all they know the truth of.
the specifics are never discussed,
merely allusions to allusions to illusions,
that matter none.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog aloud, I was transported to an ethereal sanctum in a world that's rife with querulous cacophony. Next week, I've planned a "lexiblography" listening party, during which I'll recite your posts over ambient tribal music!

    Your indiscriminate use of SAT words would disarm even the most astute Kaplan English consultant!

    This blog gets a proverbial, physical, and Pandorian "thumbs up" from me!

    "allusions to illusions" - poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha! I love that guy's comment. Really random post that I enjoyed thoroughly. Please more commentary on your wanderings through the bayou!
    If you're bored I highly recommend reading the deliciously verbose and magical book Jonathon Strange and Mr. Norrell. Lots of big words used properly has me drooling in appreciation.

    ReplyDelete